In the Proposal stage, experts and clients focus on defining the project approach as well as the appropriate timeline and fees.
Requesting a Proposal
In order to request a proposal, client must click on the expert’s profile in the workspace and click "Request Proposal". Once client requests a proposal, the expert will be notified via email.
Both parties are encouraged to communicate in the messaging pane in the Workspace or schedule calls to discuss live. Catalant recommends using the Proposal stage to raise any outstanding questions around client needs and expectations, as discussing these items in detail prior to the start of a project helps to ensure a successful engagement.
Expert completes fields in the Proposal form with the details of the proposed approach, timeline and fees, and requests client approval of the proposal via the platform.
Key Details in the Proposal
Project Description and Duration: expert provides details on the project and their specific approach and deliverables. Expert also specifies an estimated start and estimated end date for the work.
- For fixed fee, this is the total project value, inclusive of Catalant fee.
- For hourly fee projects, this will include the hourly rate ($/hr, inclusive of Catalant fee) and the maximum (not to exceed) total hours to be worked.
- Estimated expenses that will be incurred. Actual expenses will be reported as incurred and will require client approval before payment is made.
- For fixed fee projects, experts can break up the total project fees into discreet payment dates and amounts. Expert must submit payment requests through the Catalant platform and client approval is required before any payment is made.
- For hourly rate projects, experts can upload timesheets and submit for payment approval at any time. Expert must submit payment requests through the Catalant platform and client approval is required before any payment is made.
Clients can review proposal details in the workspace and may request additional changes to a proposal or may approve a proposal.
If client approves an expert’s proposal, the expert and client will move to the Contract phase. In addition, other experts that may have submitted proposals will be notified that another expert has been selected for the project.