Catalant has partnered with Zoom to make it easy for both clients and Experts to evaluate the opportunity to work together.
Quick tips on using Zoom with the Catalant platform:
- A Zoom link that supports video and phone dial-ins will be sent once a time is confirmed.
- The camera will be off by default.
- The Zoom meeting duration times can be scheduled for as little as 15 minutes up to a maximum of 60 minutes per interview and is determined when scheduling the Zoom interview call.
- Continue reading to learn more about the following topics:
Purpose of Zoom Calls
Below is a typical agenda for the initial call:
- Client introduction and project overview
- Expert introduction and relevant experience
- Discuss project specifics including scope, duration, and deliverables associated with the project
If there are additional topics you would like to discuss on the call, our recommendation is to communicate these topics to the Expert to get the most out of the experience.
Download the Zoom app on your desktop or mobile device for the best call experience (audio and/or video conferencing and screen sharing).
Download for PC
Download for Mac
Download for Linux
Download for iOS
Download for Android
For more information on getting started with Zoom, click here.
Joining a Zoom Call
Once a time slot has been confirmed by both parties on the platform, Catalant will generate a calendar invite with the Zoom meeting details. These details will be visible in both the project workspace messaging pane and in an emailed notification as shown below:
Supported Zoom call features include:
- Audio and Video Conferencing
- Screen Sharing
- International Dial-ins
Video Conference & Screen Sharing
For video conferencing and screen sharing capabilities, clients and Experts should download the Zoom app on your PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, or Android devices. See Downloading Zoom for details. For more information on how to use in-app Zoom features, click here.
Audio Conference Only
Alternatively clients and Experts can join a Zoom call by dialing Telephone or conference number and then entering the Meeting ID when prompted.
Every meeting invite also has an International Dial-Ins Available link that, when clicked, redirects international participants to a list of supported international numbers. International users are encouraged to try the International Number first before the Toll Free Number.
*If Zoom doesn’t support your country (e.g. Antigua and Barbuda), please use the Zoom app for the call. For more information on Zoom Dial-Ins, please click here.
How do I schedule a Zoom meeting?
Zoom offers multiple methods to schedule a meeting. A host has control over the options for their scheduled meetings that include the following:
- Schedule from the Zoom desktop client or mobile app
- Schedule from the Zoom Web Portal
- Schedule from plugin (Chrome, Outlook)
- Schedule for someone else - PDF Guides for Executive Assistants (Outlook, Google)
For further specific details on the methods outlined above, please reference the following link - Zoom Meeting Scheduling
How do I start and end a Zoom meeting?
To join a Zoom meeting, you may simply click the Join link located in the meeting invite. For a video tutorial on how to start and end a Zoom meeting, click here.
Are we supposed to use Google Hangouts in a Zoom room or only Zoom?
Only Zoom will work within a Zoom room.
How do I share my screen?
Zoom allows for screen sharing on desktop, tablet and mobile devices running Zoom.
- The host and attendee can screen share by clicking on the Share Screen icon (See below)
- The host does not need to "pass the ball" or "make someone else a presenter" to share.
- The host can "lock screen share" so no attendee can screen share.
What if the meeting goes over the allotted maximum timeslot of 60 minutes?
Need more time? You may opt to schedule another call for a later time. However, calls are set to the maximum time of 90 minutes by default so as not to cut the meeting short.
Still need help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.