The Catalant Marketplace provides experts and clients with the collaboration tools that they need to manage an entire engagement, from first interaction through project completion. Below is an overview of the typical process.
Finding and Engaging an Expert
- The Client posts a project or requests a discussion with an Expert. Clients can browse and invite Experts to their project.
- The Expert submits a pitch as an initial expression of interest. If the Client requests a discussion, the Expert will respond to the message through Catalant's messaging pane
- The Client selects candidates and schedules a scoping call using a Catalant-provided Zoom meeting. Use the calendar tool and the Zoom meeting to centralize communications, reduce the risk of sharing personal information, and allow Catalant team members to join the conversation.
- The Expert submits a proposal that is customized with details from the scoping conversation.
- The Client accepts the proposal that is best aligned with their project, timeline, and budget needs.
- Once the Client and Expert agree on the scope, terms, and fees for the project, the Client and Expert both execute the project agreement.
- Once the project agreement has been executed by both the Client and the Expert, the project officially launches and the Expert can begin work.
During the Active Engagement
- The Expert and Client may communicate using the provided Workspace Messaging and Zoom.
- The Expert requests payment for Client approval based on the agreed-upon payment or deliverable schedule in the project agreement.
- The Client reviews and approves payment.
At Project Completion
- The Expert and Client provide both public and private feedback. Qualitative feedback and quantitative star ratings help Experts win future projects, and they help Clients select the Experts that are best suited for their projects.
- The completed project will move to the Client's Completed Projects tab.